Thursday, May 9, 2013

Let's be serious


Last year I had to choose what career I want to study. It was a very difficult decision considering I have a trouble mind. I wanted to be part of our changing Chile and I looked for something that makes it possible.
One day my philosophy teacher took me out for a beer and after an arduous and funny conversation we decide sociology was the best option.  My teacher and now one of my best friends was the help that my mind needed at the moment and for life.
I have always thought never mind what you study if you want to understand and have influence on society. In other words, the career is not more important than your motivation to contribute to social reality. In this case I think the sociologist view helps to increase practically and really the perception people have to their own truth.
As social phenomenon is continuously changing, sociology needs to reinvent it. I’m not interest to predict what changes society will have, but probably our science will find the necessary tools for capture the tomorrow color.
Now, like a simple first year student, I don’t know If I can tell you what are my favorite subjects, my real conflict is how necessary they are.

1 comment:

  1. the myth of the sociology and social changes is very funny... anything works on the methodology!
    You must make your own methodo! It´s usefuls for knowledge: to understand how you make the investigations!
    I think that!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete